- itopia CAS is proud to announce a preview to a new version of the CAS Portal with an improved UI/UX. CAS Admins will find the layout and workflow familiar -- but we've optimized the user experience and you'll find the UI much snappier. Starting today, you can use either version of the portal to manage your deployment. However, there is some functionality that is still in progress and therefore not available yet in the new portal. Learn more here.
- itopia CAS continues to streamline the provisioning of new deployments. We now allow customers to create a deployment with an itopia external domain name and SSL certificate. Or, customers can provide their own provide their own external domain name and SSL certificate. Learn more here.
- itopia CAS now supports creating and managing Dedicated Collection Pools as an alternative to Shared Collection Pools. With Dedicated Collections, each user assigned to the Collection Pool gets their own, dedicated Cloud Desktop host server instance. Learn more the Dedicated Collections Pools here.
- itopia CAS now allows applications to be defined per-collection rather than per-deployment. In the Application Module you can scope the application to specific Collection Pools as well as to users and groups. This helps ensure that shortcuts are only published for users in specific Collection Pools and helps prevent confusion when connecting through the RD Web portal or the RD Web client. Learn more the Application Module here.
- itopia CAS enhances security and compliance by allowing Organization Owners to enforce authentication by sign-in provider. itopia CAS administrators can be forced to authenticate in one of three ways: Local CAS Administration, Single Sign-on (SSO) with either Google (G Suite) or Microsoft Office365. Learn more about enforcing authentication for CAS admins here.
- CAS now allows customers to configure and edit their own AD Trust in Deployment Settings. This enhances the previously released AD Trusts functionality (Apr. 16, 2020) by allowing customers to directly edit various parameters (FQDN, Distinguished OU Name, etc). Learn more about AD Trusts in CAS here.
- itopia continues to support existing customers running Teradici PCoIP deployments delivering high performance workstations for designers, multimedia companies and engineers.. Learn more about Teradici on CAS here. For new deployment requiring the same high performance workstations, itopia now recommends GPU-enabled Windows Virtual Machines (VMs). Learn more about GPU here.
- itopia now integrates with NetApp's Cloud Volume Service to provide customers with a fast, cloud-native storage performance and advanced data management solution. Learn more here.
- itopia further enhances the user experience by integrating Microsoft's FSLogix's Profile Containers. Users are now able to access the same profile and user data across Remote Desktop Collections and Regions. Learn more here.
- Leverage AD Trusts to accelerate and streamline on boarding. Microsoft Active Directory (AD) trusts enable one AD domain to be granted access to the resources (users, groups and computers) in another AD domain. Learn more here.
- itopia further enhances deployment redundancy by facilitating configuration of Remote Desktop Broker High Availability using Microsoft SQL Failover Cluster. Learn more here.
- itopia's newest role for administrators, Deployment Owner, allows existing administrators with the Organization Owner role to invite new administrators to access the deployments being managed by their organization. Learn more here.
- New logic to ensure Virtual Machines (VM or servers) boot even if GCP Project hosting CAS Deployment has a resources issues, including cases where customers need to add more resources (i.e. CPU or RAM).
- itopia now supports instance labels to allow administrators to attach metadata to Virtual Machines (VMs) in their itopia deployment. Learn more here.
- Users who are locked or disabled now have a yellow circle beside their name in CAS under Cloud Desktops > Users for each company.
- Microsoft Single sign-on (SSO) adds security and convenience when itopia's Cloud Automation Stack (CAS) administrators authenticate to the using their existing Office 365 Enterprise or Microsoft 365 Enterprise credentials. Learn more here.
- Multiple formats for usernames of AD Administrator accounts for deployments with Extended Active Directory (AD).
- We now enable Virtual Display Devices on Virtual Machines in GCP by default because some solutions (system management tools, remote desktop software, and graphical applications) require you to connect to a display device on a remote server or virtual machine (VM).