itopia is proud to announce a preview to a new version of the CAS Portal with an improved UI/UX.
You'll find the layout and workflow familiar -- but we've optimized the user experience and you'll find the UI much snappier. To access the Preview portal, log into CAS using https://cas-preview.itopia.com.
The key enhancements are:
- Streamlined provisioning wizard: keep the provisioning process as streamlined as possible by guiding CAS Admins thru the process by asking a series of easy-to-answer questions.
- Advanced provisioning configuration option: ability for CAS Admins with more experience and knowledge to take full-advantage of the customizations available for a deployment
- Quicker response times: the UI will feel 'snappier' because of code improvements 'under the covers'
There's some notable improvements to the way key information is organized and accessed:
- Tasks and Insights are now deployment-specific, presenting only the most critical information for the highlighted deployment (previous, global data was displayed across multiple deployments)
- Notifications View is redesigned and easier to use
- The Dashboard map now shows Google Cloud Region(s) for the Deployment (previously, the customers’ address displayed)
- Deployment Settings are now easier to access via the left pane menu
We've also upgraded the action menus for improved usability. For example:
- Create and Import Actions are now at the top of the table with the rest of the options (buttons) to ensure consistency with the Google Cloud Console approach (i.e. no more green dot with a plus sign when adding a user, collection, etc)
- Actions listed above a table of data are limited to those that support selection of multiple objects (i.e. users or VM instances)
- Actions available to the right-hand side of a single object (i.e. user, collection, etc), the single object actions are now displayed in the detailed view of the object
Finally, while the UI might look much different, it isn't -- rather, it's due to the cleaner UI, easier to read/more legible font and the overall better organization of information.
This is a Preview version, which means we still have work to do. We’ll keep releasing functionality in the coming weeks to ensure all functionality in the current CAS portal is available in the Preview version.
Options and functions to be added to the Preview version are:
Support Options ( on the top Navigation bar):
- Ticket Submission
- HelpDesk Link
- Support Token
Subscription Management Options:
- Integrations Management: Slack, ConnectWise & BigQuery
- Subscription / Payment Profile Management
- Application Module: Creating
- Security Groups Module: Creating
- Folder / Shares Module: Creating & Permissions Management
- Server Uptime Module: Creating & Editing
- Snapshots Module: Creating & Editing
- VPN Module: Creating & Editing
- Images Module: Creating & Editing
Look for future releases in the coming weeks to add all the functionality in the 'Coming Soon' section above. Remember, you can now use either version to manage your CAS Portal.
If all goes well, we plan to make a full-cut over to the new CAS UI/UX in October of this year.
We look forward to your feedback on what else can be done to improve the overall CAS experience.