- An Office 365 plan that includes Office 365 ProPlus, Office 365 E3 or Office 365 E5.
- The Office Deployment Tool, which is available on the Microsoft Download Center. You can download the Office 365 ProPlus software to your local network by using the Office Deployment Tool.
- Any supported version of Office 365 ProPlus.
- A separate user account for each user who logs on to the shared computer.
Step 1 : Purchase an Office 365 ProPlus for EACH user needing the office 365 programs.
Office 365 ProPlus $12.00 user/month
• Always up-to-date Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote, Outlook
• 5 PC installs, 5 tablets, 5 phones
• 1 TB cloud storage
* Office 365 ProPlus does not include an exchange email account, to find out more information about Office 365 E3 & E5 please visit https://products.office.com/en-us/business/compare-more-office-365-for-business-plans .
Step 2 : Login into the server as an admin that you will be installing Office 365 and download and install the “Office Deployment Tool”. (Save in a new folder with any name. (For Ex “OfficeDeploy”)
Step 3 : Edit the configuration-Office365 file depending on the version you are using x64 or x86.
You will need to remove “<!-- and --> at the beginning and end of Display Level and Property name; Your configuration file should look like this : (Using configuration-Office365-x64 as example)
Step 4 : Run Command Prompt as an administrator and type in the command :
"change user /install" ; Please note that after Step 8, once the installation of Office 365 is complete you will need to type in the command "change user /execute".
Step 5 : In Command Prompt go into the folder where your Office Deployment files are stored.
Step 6 : Download Office 365 by entering the following command while inside the folder : “setup.exe /download configuration-Office365-x64.xml”
This will automatically start to download Office in the same folder where your Office Deployment files are stored.
Step 7 : Verify that the download has finished by right clicking the Office folder and making sure size the folder is not changing anymore.
Step 8 : Go back to the command prompt window and enter the following command :
“Setup.exe /configure configuration-Office365-x64.xml”
(This will install office365 in the background, please just wait for it to finish installing and do not close the command prompt).
Step 9 : Once Office 365 is already installed please open any of the products and to activate the license each user should enter the email and password they were assigned.
*** If you are installing a Volume License, you will follow the same steps except you will use a different configuration.xml file in step 3 that you can build by following the guide in this link : https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/deployoffice/office2019/deploy
Related Articles :