Discovery can be run before of after your deployment is launched to cloud. Either way it will discover user's technical data such as Applications and user details that can be then easily sent to cloud. All the data will be visible in Catalog section of itopia CAS.
PC Discovery link is unique for every deployment you create. You can share the link with the end-users and watch all the information populate in itopia platform. The tool does not install anything on the user’s PC so administrative rights are not needed.
The tool is very convenient because in addition to taking technical data of the business, it gathers user information (contact, telephone number, location and applications).
Minimum system requirements:
- we recommend Chrome as a web browser
- in some cases Antivirus can be blocking the tool, disable the AV right before running the discovery and enable it back when finished
- if the discovery fails, clear your browser cache and try again
Login to cas.itopia.com
Each Deployment has their own link to launch the Discovery. It’s available under each Deployment's Quick Links menu.
Fill in all the information in the next step (Ext field is not mandatory) and hit Next
CASDiscovery.exe file will download automatically, launch it to start the Discovery process
In the end, there’s a confirmation message that the Discovery was completed.
As a last step, you will see the list of all the applications detected by the tool and you can select those that you will be installing on the server.
After selecting them, click Next to complete the process.
itopia notifies you every time a user runs the discovery with your link. The notification can be found in top right corner.
Your next step is to review the discovery data in the Catalog. You will see them in the following Catalog modules:
- Security Groups
- Workstations: the module lists the devices that the discovery was run on together with all the device technical details such as the OS, RAM, Processor, Antivirus, etc.
- Printers: local printers can then be redirected through RDP to the cloud
You can send users and security groups to cloud going to the "Cloud Desktops" section. Learn more about importing/ sending discovery data to cloud from Catalog in the below documents:
- Sending users to cloud through User import features
- Sending Applications to cloud
- Sending Security groups to cloud